Sunday, September 7, 2008

Immer wieder Sonntags....



...I just woke up - because of the heat. Normally you can just run the AC for a while and its ok then, but today nothing was working. The whole electricity for my room was switched off.
They do that here if you use so much energy... I don't know what I did. I probably just left the AC on last night - that's it. But so, I had to go to the front desk and ask for "electricity", "light", "not working", "not good" pointing at the lights in the lobby... finally someone came and set back the counter. I had to sign something and my electricity was back... probable I really can do it myself next time.
Now that the Paralympics begun they fortunately stopped repeating the Olympics on telly. I saw some parts of the opening ceremony yesterday in a bar in Sanlitun, which is the biggest bar district in Beijing. They really have nice places there, but of course its also a lot made up for tourists. But we went more into the smaller streets and found some good bars with music etc. The prices vary from 10 Yuan for a small drink (e.g. Gin Tonic) up to 60 for imported (Belgian) beer. In general one can get the local beer mostly for 10 to 20 Yuan - at a kiosk on the street we even got half a litter for 5 Yuan ;-)
At day time or even up to 10 o' clock in the night the district offers nice shopping facilities with international brands, however you can't make an actual bargain there - the tourists totally messed up the market. But still - it's cheap.

(Click on the picture to enlarge or have a look at this album)

...have a nice Sunday.... Adieu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe
oh english for runaways...

some things never change, or?
Especially Sundays...
Even not at the other site of this little planet.
So I wish you a nice time and please drink an tsingtao beer for me.

greets from Germany
Caschi

Lars said...

Hey Caschi, schon geschehen ;-) Thanks!