Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day nine - Follow-up to yesterday + some "Photoshoping"

First announcement: Mc Donald's is rehabilitated! On my "City hiking" trip yesterday I was attracted by a big yellow "M" on my way back and I wanted to give Ronald a second chance - he took it and this time I was not even three meters in the shop when one, more or less English speaking employee came to me and asked if I were ready to order showing me a menu. I got my cheeseburger and was just overwhelmed. This non-Asian looking bonus...

Second announcement: My shower is rather squirting boiling- or freezing-water - there is no in between which makes it actually really difficult to take a shower... Also is the hot water turned off on certain times which I don't know, which makes it also difficult to take a (hot) shower sometimes. But here is a fact: cold showering has several advantages as I just know now. These are: 1. better blood circulation in your body - makes you feel alive. 2. the mirror stays visible all the time because there is no steaming hot water. 3. saves energy to heat up the water and therefore keeps the environment clean. So, i decided from yesterday on just to shower cold...hmmm I kept that course till today, when the hot water was running again.

Third announcement: Chinese people are clever! I had to take some extra official passport photos today, so that I can hand them in at the International Office. I just thought mine were fine, but the Chinese are just a big conspiring gang - so they make sure that everyone gets a piece of the cookie. Anyway it cost about 25 Yuan, so its nothing to talk about. But when I came to that photographer he figured out the following problem: As the background of the picture was supposed to be white (official requirement) and my shirt was also white, it would look like my head just in the middle of nothing. But here is the result:
I don't have a light blue shirt - but "Photoshop" has ;-) So, clever Chinese people! Thank you.

In the evening I went with Sam to the center using the hyper-modern/nostalgy metro... Some sightseeing and watching the bar scene. We saw nice places but were unfortunately too late for the night market where I expected to find some dog-food... maybe next time.
...looking forward to the first get together of our class tomorrow...

再见

No comments: